Thursday, 22 November 2012

The making of an Angel - behind the scenes

My screen printed Angel started from a sketch I initially did in pencil and then ink. Everything I produce starts this way and I get through lots of tippex on route! I normally sketch ideas and then re-draw the neat versions in my local Tangerine cafe, sitting upstairs looking down on Totnes high street with all it's Elizabethan buildings. My images are then transferred onto acetate and are then exposed onto silk screens for screen printing. The obvious challenge is to make sure the flat design can work made into a stuffed toy!









4 comments:

Alessandra said...

love !!! do you print anything in b&w ???
xxx Alessandra

nanditark said...

oh my,...so sweet sweet angel !!!

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

I am loving your Christmassy creations! :)

Jane Foster Blog said...

Thank you for your nice comments - yes, I do sometimes print in black and white and am a big fan of one colour printing.