Friday, 14 September 2012

Mid Century Modern Fabric Quily by Jane Foster

It was months ago now that I first decided to start making a large quilt using square pieces of all my favourite mid century modern fabrics from my vast collection. (I'm making it in strips with my machine so it'll be nice and strong and also is easier this way!)  I'm sorry to say it's still not finished (as I've always other projects on the go) but this is what it looks like so far. A bit of a 'clash' to the eye but I'm fond of it as every piece here is sentimental to me and I can remember when and where I bought all the bits from. A fabric diary of sorts!




14 comments:

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

I like a bit of clash on the eye every now and again! Ada :)

Greenorchid said...

Oh dear I'm rather jealous of all those beautiful bits of fabric... it will be beautiful!

Jane Foster Blog said...

Thank you!

Kaylovesvintage said...

looks amazing

The Fabric of my life said...

I can't tell you how much I love this quilt. It has to be the most gorgeous selection of fabrics ever Jane!!

Ellen Giggenbach said...

wow, the fabric is GORGEOUS! what a groovy combo!
Ell x

Nelly said...

Oh, it's just gorgeous. Perfectly clashy and beautiful. Each and every piece of fabric is just wonderful. Very jealous.

Jane Foster Blog said...

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Jane Foster Blog said...

Thank you for your lovely comments.

thelinencloud said...

I love it ... so so beautiful ... Bee x

modflowers said...

Oh gosh, this is THE most fabulous piece of patchwork I've ever seen - so many classic fabric designs in one work! I hope you don't mind, but I was so blown away by it I had to share it on my own blog. It's just amazing - WOW.

Nelly said...

I just had a thought..after coming back to this blog post to drool for about the 100th time, I thought..you should make quilting packs, full of your fab fabrics that you make and various vintage fabrics..a bit like Moda do. I for one would definitely buy a Jane Foster quilting fabric pack..I am sure others would too, that is, if you could bear to part with some of your gorgeous fabrics!

Jane Foster Blog said...

That's quite a good idea - will give it a thought!

Betty Zee said...

AAAAA....mazing!! love it... AND...I agree with Nelly I think a quilting pack would be a great idea madam! I'd would totally be interested! Also love your Mother Christmas! x