Tuesday, 29 May 2012

New patterns by Jane Foster

Have spent the past few weeks working on some possible new pattern designs. Here's a photo from this morning at my sunny desk - wonderful to work with the french doors open and the playful sound of children out on the school field opposite! Have discovered the joy of pattern design using graph paper - I should have been doing this years ago as I used to do it just by 'eye'!  I recently watched a video of Celia Birtwell designing fabrics in the same way. (the long hand way instead of using computer software) It gives a look that's not completely perfect, which I like.

6 comments:

Rainbow Vintage Home said...

Liking the look of your new patterns Jane. I was just talking about the difference between computer/by hand design yesterday, I was learning how to cut rubber stamps - I much prefer designs where you can see the human element because they're not completely perfect. Personally I find design that's been done wholly on computer too sterile. Haven't worked on graph paper for years, but it is great for repeat patterns - ta for the reminder! x

Happy in red said...

Love it! I like the idea of hand drawn designs too. Nothing in this world is perfect, so why should designs be like that? I saw some of your cats on a creative market in Utrecht last weekend, yay!
Esther.

Jane Foster Blog said...

Thank you for letting me know!

AvMeg said...

You are so creative - I love your style - everything goes so well together :)

alice apple said...

I look forward to seeing how they turn out, I'm sure they'll be beautiful x

Jualferx said...

Bella fotografía.