Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Handmade miniature matchbox books






I started making mini matchbox books years ago - I'm sure it was from seeing the mini books the Bronte sister's made. I love opening small boxes to find a secret inside. We have this old cupboard on our landing we've dedicated to my mini books and matchboxes - a great find from Brighton boot sale many years ago! I shall gradually do some posts on them as I've lots and I wouldn't want to bore you!
I used to collect images that I liked and varnish them. One of my favourite all time paintings is the Girl in the blue beret by Lucian Freud in 1951. I had a print of this on my wall for years and still love it.

5 comments:

'odd and old' Linda Dacey said...

i love a display cabinet with lots of little curiosities but your one is oh so covetable with it's individuel mini creations...

felicity said...

Fantastic mini creations!

Helmi said...

Beautiful, I love your mini creations.
grt, Helmi

orange you lucky! said...

I love this! I wish I could visit you and take a closer look:)

Bel said...

Adorei