Sunday, 7 March 2010

Vintage screen printed fabric wall hanging

I recently bought this wonderful vintage screen printed fabric wall hanging from the States which will soon go on my daughter's wall. I guess it dates from the 60s or 70s. I love the colours and simplicity of the design.


Laurie said...

Jane, I've been a follower of your blog in google reader for a long time now. I'm a huge fan of the vintage prints you love and create. The other day I bought a really great piece of sheet music for its fun cover from the '50s. I posted it on my blog today -- thought you might like to go and have a look!

Yvonne said...

The wall hanging reminds me of something my mum made for me in the late 60's which was a similar type wall hanging except that the figures were appliqued on and all the buttons and shoe laces, zips and poppers were functional... designed to help me learn those skills I suppose!! A lovely reminder, thanks
Yvonne xxx

En støvel og en sko said...

This screen print is so lovely and fun! Lucky daughter.

Love, Solvi

Pilgrim Lee said...

ah! i have a cookie jar with that design on it, different colors, but have a look: the girl in the patterned dress and the african boy are on the other side of the jar, too.

Devrim said...

Hello, my room curtain was from this fabric when I was a child. It is definitely 1970s pattern.
Thanks for posting!